I have a ranch dip story. It happened in my first week living in the Netherlands. I was at the supermarket and when I realized I forgot to get a bottle of ranch dressing i asked my husband to quickly go get it while I stand in line. He came back empty-handed. He said he couldn’t find it.
Not believing him I told him this time i will go get it while he stands in line. Well, there were surely a lot of dressings that looked like ranch, but OMG no ranch! In my denial I was convinced the store was just out of stock, but later when I asked around I learned that ranch dressing is an American thing and not known to the Dutch.
Since then i found the best ranch dressing/dip recipe. I make it so often that I don’t even need to look up the recipe anymore. I never even knew you could make ranch dressing/dip at home. I thought it was one of those things you just buy, like ketchup. And best of all the ingredients are easy to find and it is just a matter of stirring all the ingredients together. Super easy and super quick!
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com.
Ranch couldn't be any easier to make. Enjoy fresh ranch dip and say good-bye to the bottled stuff!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon FRESH dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Step 1 Whisk all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Step 2 Refrigerate and chill for 30 minutes before serving
- Step 3 Can be stored in a tight-fitted jar in the fridge for a week.